Tuesday, December 27, 2011

'2011'...The year that was...



Rocking!!! Sometimes I rocked life and sometimes ‘Life’ rocked me! Another year gone and a New Year awaits. But when I look back at the year 2011, I see moments turning into memories now. Just like all the years, this year too had its own share of ups and downs, joys and sorrows, challenges and changes, friendships and fantasies, lessons taught and learned, new friendships revealed and some old ones re-lived…and all this amidst loads of fun and frolic. Here are few things that I would like to remember 2011 for…..


The year started with a stylish makeover to the self with ‘straightening’, which eventually made mom keep a straight face with me for next few months.  Now the only thing that remains straight is me and not my hair anymore, things are curling back to form. 


One regular inclusion in my list of New Year resolutions is ‘to lose weight’ and it has now become a ritual to include this every year just to break it and never follow. (I know Meenu you are gonna kill me for writing this here). But this time I will seriously follow it (I think so :P)


This year was also special as I saw most of my pals getting hooked (yaay!!! I am still safe and single :D). The year began with two of my best buddies Usha and Jith getting married (Happy tears!!!) and me ending the year as a proud ‘single’ defeating all my mom’s efforts to get me hooked (Happy tears again!!!). 


Single but steady. Oh yeah, finally able to stick to one place and profession. This year I completed my one year with Cedilla as a Copywriter. (Roses and applause follows…)Thank you…Thank you…!!! :D


Also it’s been a year now that I am staying alone and away from my dad with my mom here. Feel more responsible and…. yes responsible too :(


My Granny, who will forever remain in my childhood memories and bedtime stories, passed away this year leaving behind her inheritance with me. My curls and creativity are just some of them. :)


Talking about creativity (whatever little I possess), this year I went back to my long lost hobby of painting and finally made my first painting on canvas after a gap of 7 long years (the last one was in the year 2003). 


God can’t be everywhere so He created Mothers. And Angels can’t be everywhere so He created Best Friends. Meenaxi & Ajay- My two best buddies in Chennai. The reason why I am still in love with myself and the city. Chennai is not special for its beauty, for me it’s the presence of beautiful people like you that makes Chennai so special and will always be (I know I have now left both of you curious to know about each other more) ;)


Meenaxi aka Meenu, I love you darling! I don’t know what to write here about you and I know it’s not needed. But this year could not be special without mentioning you, and I wish so does all the coming years of my life. Thanks for being there with me every time when I needed you, thanks for your scolding and suggestions and all the wonderful moments we witnessed this year together. 


AJ aka Ajay, the Devil with an Angelic heart! And an alcoholic liver :P ok just kidding dude…you know how horrible you are anyways! You are the laziest and craziest bum on planet Earth!!! You are something like a ‘Limited Edition’, just one of a kind…and that makes you very special and myself lucky to posses this unique Angel! 


And last but not the least, this year I managed to cut and share more slices of my life with you than the previous year as this year I have shared more posts than any other year so far. Cheers to you guys!


It all seems like yesterday that we greeted 2011. So soon time flew away and it’s yet another New Year again. 


                         Wishing all you dearies a Very Happy New Year 2012!!!

                              Keep rocking and smiling, for now and forever!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment